Thursday, April 3, 2008

"The Research Project #2" side effects!

Hello everybody,
Today in the reading class, Murray gave us our research project marks. Nothing especial happened. As I expected, my mark was 12 and because of 1 day delay I got 11 on that assignment.
I did not spend appropriate amount of time for that but, you know what I was thinking about it after comparing with the first research project?
For the first project, I did lots of research. I read several different articles. Then, I chose 3of them which I thought are the best ones. I read them carefully. I wrote that annotation and glossary and abstract parts very carefully. I proof read them 3 or 4 times. I even tried my best to went beyond the surface!
But, I got 12 on that assignment.
However, I did the second research project in less than 30 minutes! I chose the articles by chance. I even did not read them completely. I wrote the annotation and abstract as fast as possible. I did not have time to read them again for any grammar mistake. Believe it or not, I got the same mark as the first one.
Now I have a question for you guys. Do you know why should I work hard and spend a lot of time for our next assignments?
Just don't tell me I should not care about marks, learning is important or such and such. I have already forgotten anything related to my Listening-Speaking and Reading marks. I just need pass them and I will do that.

3 comments:

Nahid said...

Behzad!

Believe it or not, I concluded the same result for my assaignments for reading and L/S classes. I'm going to spend time as much as my score. Really there isn't any difference regarding the quality of work. I have decided to not care any more about the quality of the rest assignments.

Anton said...

I think that happen because you have improved your skills.

Osman said...

Well i kinda agree with Anton... why dont you pick an appointment and see excatly why you got that score..

Peace