Tuesday, April 8, 2008

21


I went to a movie last weekend with my friend, Amin.
The movie's name was 21. It is about a group of young students of MIT University and their professor. All of them are really great at mathematics. They practice some tricks based on math to be the winner of a game called blackjack. They go to Las Vegas and win a lot of money with their especial way. The relationship between them and their professor who is the leader of the team is the main theme of the story. The basic rule and the most important rule of their team is playing based on mathematics and statistics, not based on chance and sense.
The most interesting part of the movie for me was the leading role actor decision. He was studying at MIT and his dream was studying at Harvard Medical School. I know that MIT is the best technical university of the world. It does not make sense for me why a person in this situation wants to change his major or even his life. He needs a lot of money in order to pay Harvard Medical tuition so that he joins the team to earn as much money as he can. It was also interesting for me to know that studying in Harvard would cost $300,000. Can you imagine that? This is a huge amount of money.
However, I enjoyed watching that. An attractive story besides watching one of my favorite actors, Kevin Spacey, acting in a movie was enough for me to relax and enjoy my Friday night.
We also went to an Irish bar after the movie and made our weekend night perfect!

3 comments:

Amin said...

I is really nice movie, I enjoyed a lot.

Abdulmohsen's said...

I went to this movie too, it was a good movie.

HaVe FuN

Anton said...

I really like that movie too