Thursday, November 8, 2007

Santour
Tar

Hello everybody,

As I told you before I am going to write about my country’s music today. Iranian music has thousands of years of history and some archaeological evidences that found in southern part of Iran show us Iranians made their first musical instruments in the Neolithic age(6000 B.C). During these long history Iranians made many instruments that some of them has remained and are our national instruments now. Tar, Ney, Kamanche, and Santoor are some of these instruments. Listening to each of these instruments or a combination of them is enjoyable and pleasant for any Iranian. We are very proud of our music and love it. For me, listening to traditional Persian music is a way of remembering all great moments of my country.

4 comments:

Oksana said...

Hi! I think national music is one of the most important part of every culture.
As I known, you can play the gitar. Can you play the instrument which is on the second foto you have on your blog? 'Cause it looks a little bit similar to gitar for me :)...

Oksana said...

Sorry for my mistake, guitar :)

imade.act said...

it looks difficult to play to. Can you play it?

MIXER said...

everybody feel comfortable and enjoying his country traditional music i think?? and we use some instrument like u sometimes..thats nice