Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My lovely hometown, Tehran



I want to write about my hometown today. Tehran is the capital city and the biggest city of Iran. It has been the capital of Persia since1795. I was born and reared there. It is a big, large, huge city! It is a kind of active and dynamic city and somehow a crowded and noisy one. There are more than tow million cars in Tehran! As a result air pollution, especially in winters, is a usual thing for people who are living there. Also if you choose Tehran for living you must tolerate your wasting time in traffic jam. With these all disadvantages it is still a great city for living. I love every streets, buildings and places of Tehran. I had my best memories of my life with my family and my friends there. There are many different places in Tehran that you can go and enjoy except bars and night clubs! Fore example, if someone likes hiking; it is really easy to find a hiking route in north of the city. Tehran is located just next to the Alborz Mountains so it is a great opportunity fore hiking and skiing lovers.
My hometown city is a very populated capital. With population of 15 million at days and around 12 million at nights, Tehran is one of the most populated cities in the world. All main governmental offices are in the capital city. Many major factories and industrial units are placed near of Tehran. I think it is really difficult for city management system to organize all necessities and supplies well. In fact, it is not too much bad!
Moreover, it might be a fantastic place for tourists who want to visit Iran. Many different museums and cultural complexes such as Royal Jewelries museum, carpet museum and Golestan and Saad Abad Palace, palaces of former kings of Iran, would be my suggestions for visitors. Old traditional Bazaar of Tehran is also an attraction for foreigners.
Well, that's all for today. You can see some beautiful pictures of Tehran in the front window if you want.

8 comments:

Amin said...

Wow! I think the city which you wrote about should be great. I couldn't wait to visit it (again)!! :)

Metalmaster said...

Wow!
Tehran is a beautiful city!=)

Li said...

With population of 15 million at days and around 12 million at nights
....hi, em...i don't understand this part? why there's a difference between day and night?

MIXER said...

mm ya i think it is a good place but what do you guys do at night? propably sleep or hiking at night?

Amin said...

To mixer: We had better things to do!! :D

Amin said...

I do agree with you! ;)

Anton said...

very beautiful picture

Arefeh said...

salam man arefeh hastam khahare omid tabrik migam jalebe ke avalin searchi ke baz kardam axe shomaro didam
good luck