Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What I miss about Iran


In this post, I want to tell you what I miss about my country. You should change and reverse the meaning of my sentences! I want to write about some parts of Iran that you can not find anywhere else in the world.
First of all, I miss my home town- Tehran. I miss wasting 1 hour (at least) every morning in the traffic jam when you are going to work. I miss the clear blue sky of Tehran especially in winters when you can feel the pleasant sunshine on your skin and there is no air pollution. I miss the best driving style of the world which lets you enjoy driving and you can be sure that other drivers respect your rights. I miss my city when a heavy rain or even snow does not interfere daily life of people and you should not be worry about anything because city management system is always ready and prepared for anything expected or unexpected.
Moreover!, I miss my university. I miss taking courses about "Islamic Behavior" and the "History of Saudi Arabia" in the engineering school. I miss my "History of Iran's Revolution" instructor because he was the most honest instructor who I have ever had and he did not tell us nonsense about our revolution in the same school. I miss registration days of my university when I could register my courses online without any stress exactly like the U of C!
And finally I miss rules and laws of my country. Laws that provide freedom and equality for every one, especially women. Laws that let us go out with our friends, have fun, enjoy our lives or even drink and dance in the bars! I miss participating in a free and competitive election.
However, with all I said above, Iran is still my beloved country. Like all Iranian people, I love this land. :)

5 comments:

Helen said...

Even though beijing has terrible air pollution and the sky is always gray. I miss this color very much!!
You can go back if u have vacation. like after this semester.

Nahid said...

Me, too! I really miss for all of good and bad of our beloved land.

:)

Amin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amin said...

We love that land, till the last breath, till the last drop of our blood.

Anonymous said...

I miss my country and everything back there … especially the parties and the excitement of it cause it's forbidden …. I truly miss it and am looking forward to visit it this year :) Love you Iran and shame that you always have wrong government with wrong policies :( hope for the best